Friday 12 February 2010

Musings of a 30-something single...

Okay, so it's Valentines weekend and I'm single. Thankfully I'm not a fan of any of that schmaltzy contrived 'I love you' nonsense otherwise I'd be feeling like I was missing out. I've just spent the past few weeks having great fun with a lovely guy but he just wan't the guy for little old me. I'm not sure there is a perfect fit for me. Mainly beuase I'm not sure what it is I'm looking for but it's fun finding out nonetheless.

Instead of waiting by the letterbox for the cards that will never come, I've planned a weekend full of catching up with me and I'm looking forward to it.

Time by oneself is equally as important as time with a loved one and if you can't enjoy your own company, how can you expect someone else to enjoy it? The most important relationship you'll ever have in life is the one you have with yourself.

So on with the job of enjoying a friday night...the takeaway is on speed dial, the champagne is chilling in the fridge and the phone is switched off....lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment